Building Maintenance Engineer – Southfield, MI
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- develop a complete personal knowledge of all assigned buildings and machinery, equipment, and systems
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks and repairs when required
- Perform minor repairs on machinery and carpentry skills are needed, oversee repair, maintenance work by contracted vendors
- Monitor operation of electrical/mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility’s critical operations
- Respond to hot/cold calls and other work requests from building tenants
- Schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed
- Participate in facilities remodeling, new construction, and other planning activities
- Recommend and estimate facility repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
- High school diploma, Associates degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in facility maintenance
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mechanical trades or equivalent HVAC, electrical engineering training
- Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine cause of problem/malfunctions and corrective action
- Ability to recognize system shortcomings and respond to operational and emergency
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
Send Us Your Resume
You may send a resume and cover letter.
NOTE: Send a text-only resume and reference the prospective job title in the subject line.
$350 REFERRAL BONUS: Any employee that refers someone that gets hired for a full-time regular position is eligible to receive $350.00 referral bonus after successful completion of 90 days of employment.
**Internal candidates must apply within 2 days of the job posting.