Building Engineer – Saginaw, MI
Farbman Group is currently seeking a full time Building Engineer to join our team in Saginaw, MI.
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all aspects of the building. Duties include, but are not limited to: develop a complete
personal knowledge of all assigned buildings and machinery, equipment, and systems; perform preventive maintenance tasks and repairs when required; perform minor repairs on machinery and carpentry skills are needed, oversee repair, maintenance work by contracted vendors; monitor operation of electrical/mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility’s critical operations; respond to work orders and service requests from tenants; schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed; participate in facilities remodeling, new construction, and other planning activities; recommend and estimate facility repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in facility maintenance
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mechanical trades or equivalent HVAC, electrical engineering training
- Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine cause of problem/malfunctions and corrective action
- Ability to recognize system issues and respond to operational and emergency situations
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary to commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package available, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k.