HVAC Technician – Southfield, MI
Farbman Group is currently seeking a full time HVAC Technician to join our APEX team in Southfield, MI.
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented HVAC technician to maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC technician will be skilled in repairs to all areas of air conditioning systems, including diagnostics and repairs/replace to all components, spring cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems and fall shutdowns. You will be responsible for air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs.
- Maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirements.
- Assisting with customers’ queries.
- Contractor’s License
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 5+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on holidays for emergencies.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Valid driver’s license.