Commercial HVAC Technician – Southfield, MI
Farbman Group is currently seeking a full time HVAC Technician to join our APEX team in Southfield, MI.
We are looking for a full time, detail-oriented Commercial HVAC technician for our mechanical division, Apex Mechanical Solutions. The HVAC technician will maintain and repair HVAC systems. Must be skilled in repairs to all areas of air conditioning systems, including diagnostics and repairs/replace to all components, spring cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems and fall shutdowns. This position is responsible for air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs. This position will guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill their requirements.
• Maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
• Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
• Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
• Cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
• Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
• Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
• Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
• Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirements.
• Assisting with customers’ queries.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 5+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
• Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
• Working knowledge of boiler systems.
• Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
• Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
• Ability to be on call or work after hours, weekends, and holidays for emergencies with short or no notice.
• Ability to work in confined spaces.
• Must place customer satisfaction as top priority
• Mechanical Contractor’s License preferred
• Valid driver’s license required