HVAC Technician – Southfield, MI
Farbman Group is currently seeking a full time HVAC Technician to join our APEX team in Southfield, MI.
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented HVAC technician to maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC technician will be skilled in repairs to all areas of air conditioning systems, including diagnostics and repairs/replace to all components, spring cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems and fall shut downs. You will be responsible for air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs.
You will guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill their requirements. To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirements.
- Assisting with customers’ queries.
- Contractor’s License
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 5+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.