Day Porter/Courier – Southfield, MI
Part Time Position. We are seeking an energetic and reliable Day Porter/Courier to perform day-to-day building maintenance at our company’s facilities and for delivering packages and documents to/from our properties, businesses, individuals, etc. Overall duties will include removing debris, maintaining common room areas, restocking bathrooms and responding to all cleaning emergencies as well as making deliveries.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, dedicated, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously. You will work with management to create an effective cleaning schedule, which will include your day-to-day routines and work timetable. Must be flexible to incorporate delivery services within work day as needed.
• Complete minor repairs and building improvements.
• Prepare conference rooms before and after important meetings.
• Clean all common room areas including the kitchen, cafeteria, lobby and break room.
• Minor construction clean up when necessary.
• Monitor, clean and service washrooms.
• Light maintenance, includes changing light bulbs, batteries, etc.
• Remove litter and rubbish from main common areas both interior and exterior.
• Help order supplies required for facility maintenance.
• Make daily bank deposits and deliveries as needed
• High school diploma or relevant qualification required.
• 12 months’ porter experience.
• Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
• Must be reliable and professional.
• Prepared to execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.
• Good sense of direction and driving record.