Project Manager - Southfield, MI
Huntington Construction is looking for a full time project manager. This position is primarily responsible for successfully managing of all phases of a construction project including budgeting, bidding, scheduling, supervising trades, approving invoices, meeting with owner’s representatives, architects, tenants, and subcontractors by performing the following duties.
- Handle space planning.
- Prepare estimates and bids for assigned projects.
- Establish baseline budgets and schedules.
- Conducts site visits prior to the start of each project and directs regular project meetings.
- Prepare and secure approval of all change orders.
- Review and negotiate contracts with subcontractors on each project for each discipline.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and national laws and building codes.
- Issue purchase orders related to field projects.
- Assure job site quality and safety standards are being met.
- Coordinate filed work daily with respective subcontractors and/or superintendent.
- Document all communication with appropriate project parties to create an accurate record.
- Review contractor invoices and approves for payment.
- Create monthly project invoicing
- Review and edit job costing as it relates to future work.
- Attend and conduct project close out meetings.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- 5 years commercial experience in tenant improvements and/or interior renovations
- Understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures associated with the construction industry
- Proficient in construction project management
- Ability to read blueprints a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Organized, able to multi-task and able to facilitate processes under tight deadlines.
- College degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record