Vice President of Property Management - Southfield, MI
Farbman Group is currently seeking a full time Vice President of Property Management to join our Farbman Group team in Southfield, MI.
This person is responsible for oversee, direct, and supervise the on-going operational aspects of a large commercial portfolio consisting of a variety of property types.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the department that consists of a team of general managers, property managers, assistant property managers, and maintenance staff.
• Review expenditures as they relate to budgets, collections, reporting.
• Maintaining compliance of contracts and leases.
• Build and maintain strong client relations by providing thorough, timely, and accurate communications of budgets, financial reports, and property issues.
• Maintain desired profitability rates through reduction of unnecessary expenses, limiting client attrition, obtaining new accounts, and utilization new and existing internal revenue streams.
• Establish best practice of processes and conduct site visits to ensure best practices are being implemented.
• Develop departmental goals and objectives and implement measures to ensure successful achievement of goals.
• Foster a team-oriented environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate; or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of progressive property management/supervisory experience
• Ability to set goals, monitor performance, and engage in fiscal management.
• Ability to negotiate, review and understand contracts
• Ability to understand and assist with complex facilities issues
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong understanding of financial reporting and facility maintenance
• Strong computer skills and understanding of property management software
• Requires strong leadership and mentoring skills
• Strong understanding of building systems a plus
• Local travel is required
• Must possess Michigan real estate license