Project Manager/Estimator – Southfield, MI
Huntington Construction is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager/Estimator to join our team in Southfield, MI.
This position is primarily responsible for successfully managing of all phases of a construction project including budgeting, bidding, scheduling, supervising trades, approving invoices, meeting with owners’ representatives, architects, tenants and subcontractors by performing the following duties:
• Handles space planning, prepares estimates and bids for assigned projects
• Establishes baseline budgets and schedules
• Sets up and schedules online project
• Conducts site visits prior to the start of each project and directs regular project meetings
• Prepares and secures approval of all change order
• Reviews and negotiates contracts with subcontractors on each project for each discipline
• Ensures compliance with all local, state and national laws and building codes
• Issues purchase orders related to field projects
• Assures job site quality and safety standards are being met
• Coordinated filed work daily with respective subcontractors and/or superintendent
• Documents all communication with appropriate project parties to create an accurate record of expectations, problems and commitments
• Reviews contractor invoices and approves for payment
• Creates monthly project invoicing
• Reviews and edits job costing for future work
• Attends and conducts project close out meetings
• Ensures customer satisfaction.
• Thorough understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures associated with the construction industry in general and proficiency in construction project management in particular
• Minimum 5 years commercial experience in tenant improvements and/or interior renovations, including several years spent working directly in the field.
• Ability to read blueprints/ CAD a must
• Proficient in Microsoft products and strong computer skills.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)