600 W Jackson
600 W Jackson a boutique,creative loft office building in the heart of Chicago’s highly accessible West Loop. Situated just west of the Chicago Loop, the West Loop neighborhood is one of downtown’s most dynamic mixed-use communities benefiting from the deepest and most diverse tenant demand in Chicago due to its many competitive advantages, including close proximity to the Metra Rail suburban commuter trains, Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) rapid transit elevated trains, and a world-class offering of dining and nightlife venues within walking distance. The West Loop is the location of choice for tenants focused on attracting and retaining top-tier talent due to the market’s vibrant “live-work-play” environment at the nexus of Chicago’s highly developed transportation network.
Designed by Daniel Burnham, constructed in 1906 and renovated in 2019, 600 West Jackson consists of 116,879 square feet of office space.
Situated on the northwest corner of the heavily trafficked intersection at West Jackson Boulevard and North Jefferson Street, this eight-story building (plus lower level) 600 West Jackson is one of Chicago’s few trophy, boutique office assets with substantial upside.
- The Property, located a city block away from Union station and just a short walk Ogilvie Transportation Center making its accessibility to Chicago’s two major commuter trains stations practically unmatched. Affording the Property’s tenants easy access into the city.
- The Property also features twenty-five executive parking spaces, unique for a building of this size, a key differentiator in the battle for tenants.
West Loop Leasing Velocity/Flock to Quality
- 100 N Lasalle sits at the corner of Lasalle and Washington, each of which is one of Chicago’s busier streets, making this intersection boast some of the heaviest foot traffic in the Chicago CBD. This foot traffic allows The Property to command some of the highest retail rents in the Chicago Loop, with Qdoba currently paying $100/SF NNN for the corner space.
Efficient Floor Plate and Elevator Identity
- The Property’s efficient 6,215 Sq Ft floor plate caters perfectly to the smaller tenants the building tends to attract. This floor plate allows tenants as small as 1,000 Sq Ft that require elevator identity to achieve it and not get lost in the larger floor plate that is more common in the Chicago CBD.
Fulton Market Tailwinds
- With the demand for multifamily, student housing, and hotels in the Chicago CBD continuing to rise, many developers have repositioned the older B and C office buildings in Chicago. The redevelopments to date have taken over 6.4 million square feet of office space off the market, with another 1.3 million square feet currently being planned.
Elevators, lobby, electrical and hvac recenty renovated
Interested in this property?
Farbman Group maintains an extraordinary portfolio of properties with more than 27 million square feet of commercial space under management.CONTACT ANDY