CAM Specialist – Southfield, MI
Farbman Group is currently seeking a full time Senior CAM Accountant to join our team in Southfield, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, maintain, and improve process for annual CAM procedures
• Prepare year-end CAM reconciliations for all applicable properties.
• Ensures timely completion for all CAM reconciliations and communicates with clients/owners to attain approvals
• Prepare interim CAM reconciliations for all applicable properties.
• Prepare NNN estimates for all properties throughout the year.
• Perform interim CAM reconciliations for tenants that move-out at various points during the year.
• Analyze, interpret, and set-up lease recovery information withing Accounting software.
• Locate, gather, and provide required back-up and ensure the proper documentation is provided upon request
• Create detailed Excel and PDF files to support any necessary accounting adjustments required. Present packages to management for approval.
• Argumentative writing in response to tenant disputes to successful convey the landlord’s position with supportive lease verbiage
• Create monthly Excel status summary reports
• Assist with tenant ledger reviews for billing and payment related disputes
• Corresponds with internal and external persons in a professional manner.
• Maintains accurate and organized CAM files.
• Participate in annual budget process by reviewing and providing feedback on recovery calculations and other tasks as required
• Prepare and provide year-end accruals for NNN reconciliations to Accounting Department
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Associate’s degree in accounting or finance, plus 3 years of experience; or equivalent of education and experience.
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
• Technical accounting research skills desirable
• Experience in financial statement preparation and general ledger accounting
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of organization
• Proficient in business related software: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Yardi property management/accounting software preferred