Project Manager - Chicago, IL
Huntington Construction is looking for a full time project manager.
Huntington Construction, a division of Farbman Group, is seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our team. This position is based in Chicago, IL and is primarily responsible for successfully managing of all phases of a construction project including budgeting, bidding, scheduling, supervising trades, approving invoices, meeting with owner’s representatives, architects, tenants, and subcontractors by performing the following duties.
- Handle space planning.
- Prepare estimates and bids for assigned projects.
- Establish baseline budgets and schedules.
- Conducts site visits prior to the start of each project and directs regular project meetings.
- Prepare and secure approval of all change orders.
- Review and negotiate contracts with subcontractors on each project for each discipline.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and national laws and building codes.
- Issue purchase orders related to field projects.
- Assure job site quality and safety standards are being met.
- Coordinate filed work daily with respective subcontractors and/or superintendent.
- Document all communication with appropriate project parties to create an accurate record.
- Review contractor invoices and approves for payment.
- Create monthly project invoicing.
- Review and edit job costing as it relates to future work.
- Attend and conduct project close out meetings.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- 5 years commercial experience in tenant improvements and/or interior renovations
- Understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures associated with the construction industry
- Proficient in construction project management
- Ability to read blueprints a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Organized, able to multi-task and able to facilitate processes under tight deadlines.
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record