Farbman Group is currently seeking a full time Accounting Supervisor to join our Farbman Group team in Southfield, MI.
• Assist with the oversight of the Accounting Department.
• Reviewed the day-to-day accounting tasks performed by the staff
• Review monthly Accounting Reporting Packages for content an accuracy
• Function as a liaison between accounting and external/internal clients by assisting with various ad-hoc requests such as property operating results, leasing data, operating budgets and resolving tenant inquiries
• Review the annual budgets and year-end CAM reconciliations
• Responsible for loan administration, including the review of debt compliance and on-going lender correspondence
• Participate in and spearhead ad hoc projects such as process improvement initiatives and department and team goals
• Maintain a portfolio of properties for which full-cycle accounting services are performed
• Directly supervise staff employees and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
• General oversight of property accounting
• Train employees
• Plan, assign and direct work, and appraise performance
• Address concerns and solve problems with staff
• Meet monthly with direct reports to develop short-, mid-, and long-term goals
• Drive a high standard of excellence throughout the department
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
• 5+ years of accounting experience, real estate accounting preferred
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
• Technical accounting research skills desirable
• Experience in financial statement preparation and general ledger accounting
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of organization
• Proficient in business related software: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Yardi property management/accounting software experience desirable