Assistant Property Manager/Administrative Assistant – Chicago, IL
Farbman Group is currently seeking a full time Assistant Property Manager/Administrative Assistant to join our team in Chicago, IL.
Who we are:
Farbman Group is a full service commercial real estate company located in Southfield, MI. Established in 1976, we have been serving our clients for over 43 years by providing top notch real estate services including property management, construction, commercial brokerage and leasing, development and site selection, receivership, financial services, medical real estate and distressed assets/asset repositioning. We are looking for an experienced property manager to join our team!
This position will assist the property manager of commercial spaces by supporting the daily operations of property management and by performing administrative tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supports the management of commercial real estate in accordance with the management agreement for the properties assigned
- Supports Commercial Properties Manager(s) in managing all aspects of a single property or portfolio of commercial buildings
- Ensures that services are provided in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and contractual obligations and standards
- Assists with bids and administers contracts through to execution with vendors and suppliers
- Collects rent and expenses in compliance with lease terms, preparing all legal notices and collection notices as required
- Process POs for property manager approval
- Will bill and close out work orders
- Will assist in handling tenant complaints, service requests and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases
- Will answer phones and direct calls to the right individual
- Will ensure tenant insurance certificates are up to date and maintained
- Will ensure utility transfers are completed
- Will ensure work orders are billed in accordance with the lease and closed out timely
- Will assist with property sales, accepting estoppels, SNDAs, and any other necessary forms
- Manage office inventory
- 1+ years prior assistant property manager experience in commercial real estate
- Excellent organization skill and ability to multi-task successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional service skills, with strong ability to foster effective relationships with all levels of staff, management and clientele
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) Prior Yardi experience a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full benefits package available, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k.