Building Engineer – Troy, MI
Farbman Group is currently seeking a full time Building Engineer to join our team in Troy, MI.
The building engineer will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and corrective repair of building(s), systems, equipment, and grounds.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks and repairs when required
- Perform minor repairs, oversee repair and maintenance work by contracted vendors
- Monitor operation of electrical/mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility’s critical operations
- Respond to day-to-day work requests from building tenants promptly
- Participate in facilities remodeling, new construction, and other planning activities
- Recommend and estimate facility repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budge
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate degree in related field is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in facility maintenance, mechanical trades, or equivalent HVAC
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to respond to operational and emergency situations
- Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine cause of problem/malfunctions and corrective action
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary to commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package available, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k.