Corporate Accountant/Controller - Southfield, MI
Farbman Group is currently seeking a full time Corporate Accountant/Controller to join our Farbman Group team in Southfield, MI.
This position is primarily responsible for creating financial statements for Farbman Group related companies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
• Creates and reviews monthly financial statements including supporting schedules and bank reconciliations.
• Assures the accurate and timely completion of the financial reports.
• Prepares sales and use, personal property and PAC reports as required by government agencies.
• Manages bi-weekly review and reconciliation of payroll and benefits.
• Prepares weekly accounts payable, collections and cash flow tracking.
• Assists with accounts receivable collections.
• Creates yearly financial statements for partnership accounts and assists with tax and audit preparation as necessary.
• Participates in annual tax and insurance review process.
• Participates in annual budget review process.
• Understands and utilizes all areas of the accounting system and communicates this information to the staff.
• Understand and maintains any necessary agreements.
• Keeps updated on current accounting standards within the industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 10 years of related
• experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior supervisory experience or equivalent work experience
• Proven financial track record
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with Yardi software a plus